The Still House
- Historic/Common Name:
- Ingrams' House
- 18 Diamond Glen Road
- Farmington »
- Notes on Establishment:
- Established in accordance with the CGS section 7-147.
- Historic Designation:
- LHP, LHD, SR, NRHD
- Property Authority:
- Farmington Historic District Commission
- Nature of Authority:
- Eligible for Historic Home tax credits:
- General description:
The Ingram's' home at #18 part of the mill complex originally operated by John Bronson in the 1600s- Farmington's first mill. It was built in 1774, with wood clapboard siding and asphalt shingles roof.
- Significance of the property:
The building is an antique remnant of Diamond Glen Mill and Distillery Complex- the first mill in Farmington. It has been associated with Bronson, Bidwell and Mason families. The property is located adjacent to Land Trust property and brook.
- Relationship with the Surroundings:
The 2336 Sqft building is sites in a 1.22 acres plot. It lies at the curve of a lovely hill-road and is adjacent to Land Trust property. The property is located in a residential area with individual plots separated by woodland. The plot is towards the south of two other local historic properties- plot No. 12 and 16 Diamond Glen Road.
- Historic Use:
- Present Use:
- Architectural Style:
- Cottage (expanded)
- 18th Century
- Ingram Paul M & Marilyn J
 District information retrieved from the town website http://www.farmington-ct.org/.
 Preliminary Study Committee Report, Farmington Historic District Commission, 2003, SHPO Library, Hartford.
Assessors information and Parcel IDs retrieved from the website http://www.farmington-ct.org/landrecords/search.php.
Maps and GIS information retrieved from the website http://www.crcog.org/gissearch/Default.aspx.
Map of the historic property retrieved from the online GIS mapView photo
- Date of Compilation:
- Manjusha Patnaik, CT Trust for Historic Preservation